Monday 20 February 2017

Monday Musings- Dear Me






“Be the person you needed when you were younger”
As I was mindlessly scrolling through my Facebook wall, I came across this quote. It actually got me thinking about what I would tell myself if I could go back in time and talk to my 15-year-old self. So here it goes:

Dear me

This is your 21-year-old self. She has some advice for you. Listen(read) carefully. 

Get out of your textbooks and talk to people. It is going to help you in long run.

Stop beating up yourself if you get fewer marks that one time. Grades won’t matter, anyway. You will get through by life just fine. One exam of your life is not going to decide your future.

Stop judging yourself so harshly. People are doing it already. You just need to pat your back.

Don’t give into peer pressure. If you don’t want to go to that party, curl up inside the blanket and read a book instead.

Don’t be afraid of failure. Give that audition. Surprise yourself. Fall and get back up.

Don’t bottle up your emotions. Cry your heart out if that’s the only way to feel better. It is not a sign of weakness. Only strong people can be vulnerable.

Don’t let society dictate what is appropriate. Wear your heart on your sleeve. You are beautiful, no matter what. 

Be thankful for what you have. You don’t know how many people are living without things you take for granted.

Also, you are no longer afraid of dogs and lizards,  but rats still scare the hell out of you.

Love
Me





2 comments:

  1. Love that quote. I've heard it before, but this time I'm going to write it down and remember it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Th quote really inspired me to write.

    ReplyDelete